Most pages have a sidebar that shows the next 14 events at any given time and the Calendar page (tab on the main menu line) has all events for months ahead and move your cursor over any event to show more details.
Entries for the Wednesday Triples and Friday 2-4-2 tournaments are able to be made online (see below) as well as by the sign-up sheet in the Clubhouse.
Entries for Summer Thursday Twilight bowls will continue to be by either email or by signing the sheet in the Clubhouse.
The deadlines for entries are as follows:
Wednesday Triples: online and Clubhouse entries close at Noon on Tuesdays
Thursday Twilight: entries close at 11 am on Thursdays
Friday 2-4-2: online and Clubhouse entries close at Noon on Thursdays
Entries for all tournaments may be made for the next pending tournament (i.e. one week at a time)
If entering Thursday Twilight via email you should include “Thursday Twilight” and the date for which the entry is being made in the subject line. Please also include a contact name and a contact Phone Number in the email. Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations: If weather conditions are doubtful please always check with our Cancellation Line 534 5335
CLIVE COCKLE CUP – Any combination single entry Handicap Pairs
- Get involved in these really fun days designed as a great opportunity for everyone to test their skills against their club mates
- Qualifying play Sunday 1 November at 9 am, Post section (sudden death play) Sunday 8 November
- Handicap numbers are in this season’s handbook.
Playing partner will only be known when the draw is done.
- Full details including the Entry Form and Conditions of Play are up on the noticeboard in the clubrooms. Add your names before the closing date 5pm Wednesday 28 October.
- Sausage sizzle with our refreshments after day one qualifying when the great shots of the day can be expounded with passion and friendly banter of stories of what might have been.
Any questions can be directed to Bruce Hickman or Glennis Davey at the club who are convening the tournament.
LABOUR DAY FUN MEDLEY PAIRS TOURNAMENT
- Monday 26th October Pick up cards 9.45 am
- Single entries – closes 23rd October
- Restricted to HBC members
- 3 games of 12 ends
- $10 entry fee; prizes and sausage sizzle
- 1st game 2-4-2; 2nd game 3-bowl pairs; 3rd game reverse Skip pairs (all 12 ends)
TUESDAY SINGLE ENTRY 9.30 am start
Single entry triples. $5 entry fee and prizes. Enter on sheet at clubhouse by noon Mondays. Two games of 8 ends.
WEDNESDAY TRIPLES – 9.30 am start
4 games 8 ends. First two games will be back to back, then lunch with one game after lunch. If required you will need to bring something to eat and drink for between games as well as lunch.
Enter by noon Tuesday for online entries (click on the button below) or by noon Tuesday for the Clubhouse sheet. Any queries, please contact the Wednesday Convenor – Glennis Davey Ph 535 6610.
FRIDAY 2-4-2 PAIRS 1 pm start
Open any combination Hong Kong Pairs (2-4-2) 1.00 pm to 4.30 pm.
Two games, of normally 10 ends, played on grass in summer and normally 9 ends on the all-weather greens in winter. Entry fee $10.00 per team. Prizes New World Howick vouchers. If you haven’t a partner put in a single entry and we will do our best to find one for you. Click on the “More Information” button for more information.
Enter by noon Thursday for online entries (click on the Entry form link), or by noon Thursday on the sheet at Clubhouse.
Any queries please contact the Convenor assigned for the day.
- Brian Jago – 09 5348363 or 021 648 363
- Lyn McKay – 09 5338858 or 027 291 5814
- Peter Roylance – 09 5376206 or 021 576 679
- Bill Child – 09 534 7428 or 021 0271 9852
- October 23 – Lyn McKay
- October 30 – Peter Roylance
- November 6 – Bill Child
- November 13 – Brian Jago
- November 20 – Lyn McKay
- November 27 – Peter Roylance
- December 4 – Bill Child
- December 11 – Brian Jago
- December 18 – Lyn McKay
Saturdays; 1.00 pm start. Discs need to be in by 12.45 pm at the latest. 16 ends, normally 10 then afternoon tea followed by 6 ends. No charge except on the first Saturday of each month a mini tournament is held with $2 entry fee and chocolate prizes. Two games of 8 ends. Convenor Ken McIntyre
Thursday Twilight Bowls (Summer Bowls)
Bring your family and friends along and play social bowls on Thursday evenings, and then join us for a light meal after the bowls. Entry fee is $7.50 for a Howick Club Member, and $10 for non-members. All welcome. New to bowls – Our Club members will help you get started. Please be at the Club before 5.15 pm for a 5.30 pm start.
Enter on the sheet at the club or by phoning Irene Turley Ph 532 8454 by 11 am on the Thursdays. Please always check with our cancellation line 534 5335 that Twilight Bowls is happening as very occasionally it has to be cancelled for weather or insufficient numbers to play.
Upcoming Club Tournaments
Refer to website and clubhouse for updates.
Upcoming Centre and National Events
(To enter an Auckland Centre event click on the link below, and scroll to the particular event. You will also need to pay the entry fee directly to Auckland Centre.